top of page

My Neighbour wants to build a new wall up to the Line of Junction. What should I do?

Updated: Apr 22

If you do not respond to a notice about an intended new wall built up to (but not astride) the line of junction, the work can start after one month.

If you do not respond, in writing, within 14 days to a notice about a new wall to be built astride the line of junction (a party wall), the Building Owner must build the wall entirely on his own land.

The work can commence after the one month notice period.If you disagree with the work described in a notice under the Act it may be helpful to explain why. The Building Owner can then consider your objection and maybe change his proposal. You might then reach agreement without the need for a Party Wall Surveyor.

13 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page